My 2 cents about your 2 cents.

My 2 cents about your 2 cents: Helping you sort through deals, coupons and freebies.



Thursday, December 30, 2010

Free books for your e-reader

Ok, let me preface this by saying that I'm not the most tech-savvy person.  I think I'm one of the few people who hasn't gotten a kindle, nook, ipad or similar.  I'm so out of touch that the book I'm currently reading is held together by Tyvek tape because I've read it so many times that it's falling to pieces.Tyvek Sheathing Tape

Anyway, I have seen a couple cool places where you techies can get free e-books, so I figured you might be interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text?ie=UTF8&ref_=pd_dp_ts_kinc_1&tag=533643283-20
Amazon has 100 free books for your Kindle.  If you check out the page, the left side is the top 100 paid books and the right side is the top 100 free books, which they allow anyone to download for free.
I'm not sure if you can convert the format to use on other e-readers, but I'm sure that if you can... you guys know how to do it!


http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page  
Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 33,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android or other portable device.
We carry high quality ebooks: Our ebooks were previously published by bona fide publishers and digitized by us with the help of thousands of volunteers.
All our ebooks can be freely downloaded: Choose between ePub, Kindle, HTML and simple text formats.
No fee or registration is required, but if you find Project Gutenberg useful, we kindly ask you to donate a small amount so we can buy and digitize more books. Other ways to help include digitizing more books, recording audio books, or reporting errors.
Over 100,000 free ebooks are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment